Water Hygiene Engineer
Location - South East/South West
Employment type - Full Time - Permanent
Salary – Negotiable (depending upon experience)
Vehicle – Provided
Established in 1999, Reef Water Solutions has gained an excellent reputation for quality, efficiency and flexibility in the Water Treatment Industry. The success of Reef Water Solutions is largely based upon the philosophy of building partnerships as well as adopting an open book approach, resulting in a considerable amount of repeat business, together with new clients being gained through recommendation. Undoubtedly this is one of the contributing factors underpinning the continued growth of the company. We have two branches, one in the South East and one in the South West, enabling us to service clients throughout the UK.
Due to further business expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a Water Hygiene Service Engineer to join our expanding team - undertaking the role and responsibilities stated below. This is a mobile, field-based position primarily covering the South East of the UK.
Applicants should have the following:
- Have at least 3 years experience within the water hygiene sector.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be able to provide a full DBS check which Reef Water Solutions will pay for.
- Hold a valid CSCS card.
- Exhibit excellent customer communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team as well as on their own.
- Be punctual and have good time management.
- Have basic IT skills.
- Having plumbing experience would be beneficial.
Role and responsibilities:
- To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and HSG.
- To be an ambassador for Reef Water Solutions whilst visiting customer sites.
- To obtain water samples from multiple properties and document these samples in line with company processes.
- Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner.
- Carry out water system clean and disinfections in-line with company processes.
- Testing, servicing and monitoring of thermostatic mixing valves.
- Simple remedial plumbing tasks if qualified.
- Analysis, testing and dosing of closed systems.
- Knowledge of follow the correct procedures for setting up and flushing closed low temperature hot water and chilled systems, this being via main system pumps or temporary flushing rigs, to BSRIA guidelines.
- Analysis testing and checking of chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
- Comply with time allocations for specified works.
- To communicate on a daily basis with your line manager.
- Carry out a regular vehicle inspection and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety procedures.
- You will be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- You have a personal responsibility for your own health and safety and that of other people affected by the work you do.
- Report any potential hazards arising from your work to your Line Manager. Report all accidents or near-miss incidents to your Line Manager.
- Any other reasonable task requested by your manager in line with responsibility of role and grade of job.
- Competitive salary (with discretionary bonus package offered after 3 years service)
- Regular overtime.
- Company vehicle and fuel card provided for business use.
- Mobile phone allowance.
- Full company uniform and PPE provided.
- Workplace pension.
- Opportunity to complete recognised courses to enhance career development.